Thursday, January 28, 2016

Leave the Lump Alone

Today I got to see my doctor for my  official post-op visit. The first visit, right after surgery, was to take out the sutures. This one was to measure progress.

I can actually say that doing the videos and the pictures was a little pleasurable because I know that I look much better. What a difference five months can make! I didn't tear up, I smiled for the camera. Knowing it wasn't perfect. But damn it, it's a smile and it's MINE!

Now, did I mention the 1/2 grape size lump on the side of my cheek? I probably should've called the doc but it wasn't particularly painful and I figured it was swelling. Well, it's not swelling; he put  something in my cheek to help protect the nerve while it healed. "Should I massage it?", I asked. An emphatic NO came from my surgeon. It will dissolve! Leave the lump alone. And so I shall. 

My doc believes I will be able to move my upper left lip eventually and get my eye function completely back. Because of my progress he's going to wait on Botox and then in three months decide (and probably schedule) a lid tuck and lip nip. I have a puffy part of my lower right lip that never resumed it's position after Bells 15 years ago. I want it fixed. I've come this far; why not. The lid tuck will give me eye lids again (Bring on Ipsy's eyeshadow!!!....Ipsy is a monthly makeup mailing thing and I've been saving the makeup for that one particular day when I feel I am ready for it again. I'm hoping that's 2016)

I'm still taping the eye shut at night. I was hoping to only go through one roll. I'll be optimistic and think 1-1/2 now. Oh and get this.....the one day that the tape comes off at night, I get an eye infection, is the day of the BLIZZARD in Virginia, and I break my glasses. REALLY??. So I just sat REALLY close to the TV for a few days. I have a feeling though that there were a lot of us saying "REALLY??" this past week. (Melt already!)

Actually, life it starting to normalize; especially now that I CAN DRINK FROM A GLASS!!!!! I bet there were a few "Yay's" there from my Bell Tower Buds. It's the simple things that keep us going from day to day; a little eye lid twitch, the face tingles, the day you don't drool when you drink. Although I know some people who drink and then drool. LOL!!! Anyway....wishing you many simple pleasures and thanks as always for your love and support.


ox
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment