Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Smiling More!

I've definitely had some improvement over the last week!! I'm honestly not sure I should've had surgery over the Christmas break because it has been crazy around here and getting rest has been a challenge. (Did I mention that between Christmas and New Year's I also have a child's birthday to celebrate?) But I'm getting through it. My husband, family and friends have been a great help – along with my kids. I felt a little selfish for a few days knowing that it was Christmas and I could not do all things for my family that I usually do but sometimes you just have to take care of yourself.

The only issue I really had is the cut around my ear is still pretty nasty looking and I actually thought I might lose part of it. They assured me it would stay on. Gain a smile, lose part of an ear. It's all relative. I've also had some pretty good bruising on my neck. I think the clerk at the Walgreens might've thought that I was choked or something because she acted really odd. This actually looks better than it did a few days ago. I almost want to wear a little button that says "just recovering from surgery". 

 ( I'm NOT  going to show you my ugly ear. but I did have my husband take a picture of it so I could see what it looked like and send it to the doctor. EW!) 

Last night I thought, "OK, I'm going to try sleeping without taping my eye shut". I lied there for less than 1 minute before I realized that I saw the clock light and my eye was open. Luckily, I found some amazing tape that doesn't rip my skin off every morning. It'll happen, eventually. 

My tongue is still a little numb but I did not have an operation to correct that because it is too deep of a cranial issue. I think the taste buds are coming back a little bit each week. Although, I'm not sure if being able to taste carbs again is a good thing!  

The best news is is that my friends say my eyes look happier and I can tell that the right side of my face is more relaxed and there is movement on my left side. I went out today grocery shopping and for the first time in four months I felt that I could actually just give a little bit of a smile to people passing by me. 

Here's me – no make up. A little tired from my daughter's birthday festivities but I'm hanging in there. Each week gets easier and the swelling goes down more.


I think next week I will post a little survival guide to having bells palsy. There's some things you always want to carry with you when you are going through this. I do think there needs to be more research as to why this happens to people, why the recovery is so different for everybody and help for the psychological effects that it has on a person. Thank goodness for support groups.

Happy New Year!!! May 2016 be healthy and happy! Counting my blessings, and there are many.

Ox 




6 comments:

  1. Lookin' good Mia! I will call you Friday, I'd like to come visit. :)

    Love,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mia, you are doing great. You may not realize the day-to-day changes as you recover but as an outsider, let me assure you that you are looking fantastic and the difference is really noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently This posted from "Unknown" Just in case you think you have a cyber stalker...it's Judi Miller

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the kind words Judi! We are our own worst critics. I'm learning to appreciate the small changes!!

      Delete
  3. I thought my life had become meaningless and had nothing to offer anymore as I had HIV, the symptoms became very severe and bold which made my family and friends run away from me and abandoned me, so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams, vision and job because doctors told me there's no cure. I consumed so many antiviral drugs, but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me, It was worse. I was desperate to find a solution to this horrible and deadly virus inside me. I made online research on herbal remedy for  HIV/Aids cure when I came across testimonies of some people on how DR JAMES uses his herbal mix medicine to Cured them of  MENINGITIS, DENGUE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, BIPOLAR DISORDER, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, UNDERACTIVE THYROID, HIV/AIDS. HERPES VIRUS. CANCER, ALS, STROKE, HEPATITIS B, DIABETES, FIBROID, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER.OVARIAN CANCER, INFERTILITY,GET YOUR EX BACK. I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked, and he told me on how his herbs and root medicine works Which was all okay with me. He sent me his herbal mix medicine and told me the usage and I should go for a test after 3 weeks of drinking the herbal medicine Within 7 days of his medications the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I negative by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR James for saving my life and I'll keep telling the world about you. If you're out there going through pains, rejection and  facing any kind of health challenges Worry no more and contact DR James via.  DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM  He's a good man, and he will surely help you.

    ReplyDelete