Friday, November 20, 2015

Resting Bitch Face

I love playing jokes on people. (I already have my April fool's joke ready for next year) 
I love laughing.  
I love smiling. 
I make it a personal effort to smile at people throughout my day. Not being able to show expression has been one of the cruelest jokes that have ever been played on me. Resting bitch face. Now when I smile at people they think I'm just giving them some kind of small little corner of my mouth movement and they are not worthy of a full on smile. My friend suggested that I get those little smiling lips on a stick and carry them with me. I'm not sure I have the dexterity or speed to pull them out at the appropriate time. Plus, people might think I'm a little strange carrying those around without knowing my entire story. Would make life interesting though. Hmmmmm. Where can I buy those? 

I thought about wearing a T-shirt saying "I AM smiling". Or maybe a big pin. Maybe I need to make those for everyone with Bells. 

On a positive note, giving the evil eye to my children is quite easy now and quite effective. 

A dear friend I greatly admire who listens to me bitch has it worse than I do. I think about what she's gone through in the last two (3?) years and I feel like a baby. She didn't get Bell's palsy, she fought a cancerous tumor located in the middle of her head. It has given her greater challenges than I could ever imagine yet she has the compassion to ask me if I need anything. Amazingly in the middle of all the tremendous health problems, she found her true love and married him on February 14. Her heart always remained open. The surgery to have my face move again is much easier than what she would have to go through just to be able to see out of her eye again (if at all possible). But her faith, the love she emits and her strength are unwavering. She reminds me that I am alive to care and raise my children, receive and give love, wake up every day to a beautiful life no matter what I look like. She understands what I am going through and has the capacity to show that sympathy even though her trials are much worse than mine. She is a saint on earth.  ♥️

When I pass you on the street, I have counted my blessings and I am smiling. 







2 comments: